By becoming an affiliate member, organizations gain a direct connection with other like-minded groups, all of whom have a vested interest in contemporary craft. By bringing the voices of many different organizations together, and working collaboratively for the collective good, affiliate members add a valuable voice to the discussion of common issues and goals.
Any organization with the goal of growing and advancing excellence in the field is welcome to apply. This includes councils, guilds, educational institutions, museums, galleries, collectives, foundations, and other associations directly related to contemporary fine craft. Take your opportunity to connect on a national scale, get involved in our committees and projects, and grow your national network today!
Affiliate Membership Benefits include:
- Membership in a national community of craft professionals, with the opportunity to network, share information and learn together.
- The ability to influence national directions and collaborative craft projects.
- Our bi-weekly e-newsletter, sharing news from the craft and cultural community, with information about craft events, exhibitions, research, resources, and calls for entry.
- Access to advocacy information and the opportunity to support national craft advocacy actions.
- Participation in issue-specific meetings to share perspectives on common strategies. (e.g. craft retail, communications, etc.)
- Access to CCF/FCMA consultation services to support project and strategic planning, organizational development and professional development.
- A profile for your organization on the citizensofcraft.ca website
- Reduced conference fees at the CCF/FCMA Annual National Conference
- The right to nominate candidates for the CCF/FCMA's Robert Jekyll Award for Leadership in Craft.
- Your voice included in national craft discussion and debates.
Affiliate members bring unique perspectives and information to the CCF/FCMA. As we are a Federation, our members include all the provincial and territorial craft councils, as well as our existing five affiliate member organizations: the Atlantic-based Craft Alliance, the Lunenburg School of the Arts, Points North Creative, NWTArts, and Torngat Arts & Craft Association. Each of these members brings a vital perspective to our national activities, committees, and projects, and we'd like to add your organization to the team!
For more details on joining as an affiliate member, contact CCF/FCMA Director, Maegen Black, or see our membership information online here.